Moulton College Rugby Programme Open Evening for Sept 2018 entry – invite to any players from Stockwood Park RFC who might be interested in attending the college to come along and join us.
It will be on MONDAY 30th April from 5.30pm at Moulton College (Pitsford Campus), Pitsford Rd, Moulton, Northampton, NN3 7SX.
It will be a chance for prospective students to find out a little bit more about the programme, how it is structured and get a small taste of life at the college.
Any players who wish to attend will need to register with the college asap as they have limited places available. Please click on the following link to register: Moulton Rugby – Open Evening
Below is open letter from the College to all U16 players next season:
Dear U16 Rugby Player
· Do you love your rugby?
· Would you like to combine your education next year with a comprehensive, high quality rugby programme?
· Moulton College could be the future for you!
The Moulton College AASE (Academic And Sporting Excellence) Programme has been set up in conjunction with the RFU and Northampton Saints Rugby Club, to support high performing rugby players to achieve their full potential, and even fulfil their dreams of becoming professional players in the future.
The programme is firstly an academic course, where most students study a Level 3 BTEC (equivalent to 3 A-Levels) in conjunction with significant support in their rugby development, both on and off the field. The rugby elements of the programme comprise of individualised skill development, tactical improvement, strength and conditioning gains and medical support. The development of the players is supplemented by a competitive programme in the form of the RFU AASE league.
Northampton Saints Coaches Will Parkin and Pete White, support myself as Head Coach, to ensure the players receive excellent coaching knowledge and development. Will and Pete are up and coming coaches and an integral part of the Northampton Saints coaching structure, whereas I have had 10 years experience coaching within Performance Pathways in the UK, and also coaching professionally in the Currie Cup in South Africa from 2015-2018.
Why Choose Moulton to be YOUR AASE College?
– Be a part of a fantastic high performance rugby environment much like an RFU academy in terms of quality of delivery and provision. A place where players can train, work and socialize together, creating what will be for many ‘the best two years of their life’, creating great memories that will last a lifetime.
– Receive educational support and delivery of a well recognised vocational qualification which can gain you access to university, or the sports industry in the future.
– Up to 12hrs per week of direct ‘rugby’ contact for AASE players, to include two terms of rugby fixtures, skills and S+C development in the summer term, plus a comprehensive pre-season.
– Involvement in the RFU AASE League – the highest standard of schoolboy rugby available – enabling players to test themselves against some of the best talent in the country.
– Excellent coaching and support from the rugby staff to ensure you are supported, but pushed to be your best.
– Facilities to rival any other College or Independent School in the UK (3G Training Pitch/Floodlit Facilities/Swimming Pool on Site for Recovery/S&C Gym/Video Analysis lecture theatre).
– Medical Support and Pre-Hab/Re-Hab support where necessary.
– Individualised training programmes for academy players.
– Plenty of outstanding residential accommodation to allow students from anywhere in the country to attend the college and benefit from being a part of the programme.
– For those outside the academy systems, this programme will give you the opportunity to be in the ‘shop window’ for Northampton Saints with their close relationship and active involvement in the programme.
– Running alongside the AASE programme is our Developing Player Programme, which allows additional players to be a part of the Moulton Rugby Academy and access an enhanced training programme.
– We pride ourselves on creating an environment where players can have the best opportunity of progression towards the professional game and International age grade representative sides.